The NYC Commission on Human Rights in collaboration with the Queens Chamber of Commerce and the 82nd Street Partnership is sponsoring a FREE workshop to educate employers and business owners on their obligations under the law. This workshop is bilingual and will be conducted in English and Spanish.
May 10, 2016 – 10:00 AM
Location: Ponce de Leon Bank
37-60 82nd Street, Jackson Heights
Human Rights Law 101
This workshop will help you learn what your responsibilities are as an employer under the New York City Human Rights Law. Topics include:
- Discrimination in the work place
- Protected Classes
- Public accommodations
- How to deal properly with employee conduct
- Religious Observance
- Sexual Harassment
- New Changes to Law: Credit Discrimination/Fair Chance
- The Stop Credit Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits most employers from checking applicants’ credit history to determine job worthiness.
- The Fair Chance Act prohibits most employers from inquiring about applicants’ criminal record until after a conditional offer of employment is made.
For more information please call 718-335-9421 or 718-898-8500